Public Domain and Creative Commons

I found this article on Public Domain and video on Creative Commons very interesting. It was interesting to read and watch because it informed me of information that I did not always understand. I knew that when videos and other material are posted on the Internet they are open for the public to view. It was interesting to hear that Public Domain was established in the mid 18th century because I would have thought many bands or groups would have wanted their material to be out in the world. many artists are very protective of their work and do not want their fans or others to use it in any other way. I believe that the video and article furthered the little knowledge that I had in these categories. Now knowing what I have learned it will allow me to be more aware of what I am using that is for public use and not the material that artists are very protective over.

Comments